Bone Broth Therapy: Help Heal Leaky Gut After A Candida Infection
How To Use Your Chicken Dinner Leftovers To Heal Leaky Gut After A Candida Infection
Bone broth has been making headlines lately because it’s profound healing effects on the gut, precisely its unique ability to heal leaky gut.
Leaky gut is a condition where the intestines have become completely permeable. Rather than protecting you from the dangers of the outside world, like heavy metals, pesticides, viruses, bacteria, undigested food, (and poop!), your gut is now allowing these toxins to circulate within your body to cause systemic toxicity, inflammation, and immune system dysfunction. It’s as if your septic tank is flooding your home, complete internal biochemical chaos!
And it’s common knowledge in mainstream medicine that chronic inflammation caused by a sick gut is the seed of all sickness and disease.
If you have Candida fungus in your body, you’ll inevitable have leaky gut because Candida causes leaky gut. Once it mutates from its yeast form into its deadly fungal form, Candida grows ‘roots’ that penetrate your intestinal lining causing it to become permeable. This is why it’s so important to stick to a gut healing protocol, such as the GAPS diet, when cleansing from Candida and long after the cleanse is done to ensure that you repair your gut lining and set a strong foundation for life-long optimal health.
If you do not heal your gut, you are highly susceptible to a reinfection!
And what’s just as bad, is that if your leaky gut is left untreated you can develop a host of other serious conditions such as food allergies, autoimmune conditions, and even type 2 diabetes. (No thanks!)
Research by the molecular biologists at Rice University shows that 70% of all people are affected by a Candida fungal overgrowth.
And according to the Functional Medicine University, “Leaky Gut Syndrome is a major cause of disease and dysfunction in modern society, accounts for at least 50% of chronic complaints, as confirmed by laboratory tests.”
These are staggering numbers! With both leaky gut and Candida fungal overgrowth on the rise, we can safely assume that we all need a little bone broth therapy to ensure that the foundation of our wellbeing, our guts, are in good standing order.
After all, your digestive tract is your first line of defence! 80% of your immune system is in your gut.
If you are sick, your gut is sick too.
If you want to start transforming your in health in radical ways make it a habit to drink a cup of bone broth every morning.
A 3 day bone broth fast is commonly prescribed by naturopaths and functional medicine doctors to jump start the healing process of leaky gut and drinking bone broth daily is quickly becoming the newest health trend replacing the traditional morning cup of Joe.
Because unlike other fad diets or ‘quick fix’ cleanses, bone broth is rooted in nutritional wisdom that’s been passed down for generations because it actually works! No antics, no gimmicks.
Our ancestors have been using this (simple) ancient healing recipe for generations to maintain remarkable health, boost immunity and prolong longevity.
Bone Broth, Mother Nature’s Most Potent Multi-Vitamin
Benefits of Bone Broth
- Fortify the intestinal lining to boost the immune system and mitigate food intolerances
- Strengthen bones, muscles, ligaments, teeth, and tendons
- Remedy acid reflux, IBS, indigestion, constipation, and bloating and encouraging the healthy flow of digestive juices
- Increase skin elasticity and reduce the appearance of wrinkles, essentially turning back time on
- your biological clock
- Soothe widespread inflammation
- Support healthy liver and detox function
Our Basic Bone Broth Recipe
- 2-3 pounds of organic bones from pasture raised animals such as chicken, turkey, beef, or lamb. The best bones to use are joints, knuckle, vertebrae. Ask the butcher to cut the bigger beef bones in half for you to expose the marrow.
- 4 litres of water
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice to act as a solvent to draw the nutrients out from the bones
FOR EXTRA FLAVOUR
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 3 stalks of celery
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper & sea salt to taste
- herbs of your choice such as rosemary or thyme
- Place bones in a large stock pot, add apple cider vinegar and cover with filtered water.
- Peel the first outer layer of the onion, leave it whole, and roughly chop the carrots and celery. Place everything in the stock pot with any other spices you have decided to use.
- Bring to a boil and then set it on low heat to simmer. Chicken bones can cook for 12-24 hours, beef or lamb 24-48 hours.
- Check on it occasionally as you may have to add more water to make sure the ingredients stay covered. During the first few hours of cooking, you may notice a foamy layer forming on the top of the broth. Just scrape this off as it forms and discard it.
- When the allocated cooking time is over, remove the broth from the heat and let it cool.
- Strain with a fine mesh strainer to make sure you remove all the bits of bone and vegetables.
- Store your bone broth in glass jars in the fridge for 5-7 days, or you can freeze it for later use.
Once you have cooled the bone broth you may notice a hard layer of fat appear on top- this is gold! Separate it and keep it as a mineral dense (high-heat safe) cooking oil. Use it to add extra nutrition when oven roasting vegetables, frying up burgers, caramelizing onions, or snap off a piece and add it into a cup of your bone broth.
Making Broth Out Of Chicken Dinner Leftovers
This is one of my favorite time (and money) saving tricks. Next time you roast a chicken (duck or turkey), eat the meat and save the carcass. Use these bones and left overs such as the meaty tissues, giblets, and feet to make a superb tasting chicken broth.
Click here to grab Patty’s Roast Chicken Dinner Recipe for inspiration
Bone Broth Therapy
- You’ll learn how to super charge your broth at home with natural broth boosters, adding nutrients like iodine, calcium, zinc, and gelatin to improve digestion and even reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- Understand the difference between bone broth and meat stock to mitigate unwanted histamine reactions
- Be guided step by step of how to drink your broth in a unique way that acts like the reset button on all your systems, enhancing healing on a cellular, hormonal, and genetic level
- You’ll discover how to use this unique way of drinking broth with probiotic rich foods to shift out of gut dysbiosis and quickly heal and seal leaky gut. (Which is especially important after eliminating Candida!)
- You’ll awaken your built in “self cleaning” powers that unlock your longevity genes.
- Activate the production of your youth hormone
- Boost levels of your master antioxidant for total body rejuvenation.
- And turn yourself into a natural fat burning machine!
By the end of it you’ll have tapped into your body’s natural ability to restore a slimmer, stronger, healthier, younger version of YOU!
I hope to see you there.
3. “Biologists ID Defense Mechanism of Leading Fungal Pathogen.” EurekAlert!